Monday, May 21, 2007

Last Week Before My Comprehensive Exams

I really never imagined I’d be at this place in my academic career. . .I’m done with my coursework for my PhD and a week away from starting my comprehensive exams. I guess if I stuck around higher education long enough, getting my PhD was inevitable. I’m really excited about preparing my mind for the exams. It feels like I’ve been waiting to do this and I am exactly where I’m supposed to be. In a little more than two months I’ll start my dissertation, if all goes as planned. That’s really a trip! I’m pretty sure that I can push toward finishing this process up by the end of the year. The idea of then moving on in my career and making things happen on that end, is also very exciting.

So for now, I’m breathing deeply, getting ready for a silent mediation retreat over the Memorial Day weekend, and coming back to write this exam with all the enthusiastic academic energy I can muster. It is what I am supposed to be doing-I just know it.

1 comment: