Monday, June 18, 2007

Respect and Honor

One should honor women.
Women are heaven, women are truth,
Women are supreme fire of transformation.
Women are Buddha, women are religious community,
Women are the perfection of wisdom.
--Candamaharosana-tantra Scripture
Reading about women and leadership in education is bringing me to more and more wonderful corners of knowledge. This is a passage that keeps bringing me to the truths about the ways women can be honored and respected by some cultures and religious practices. By digger deeper and deeper to find these ideas and ways in which building them into daily life is useful and healing, I’m able to uncover places that bring new lightness and understanding. What can be wrong in any circle of experience where we honor women and treat them as we would any who would bring us closer to truth and wisdom. . .even transformation if we are very attentive? I want to be a woman of wisdom that is welcomed into such a world. I want to be a creature of transformation with the power of supreme fire. I’m certain that kind of knowledge and action is within my reach if I can focus and move closer with each day of my experience of this life.

No comments: