Monday, July 2, 2012

Umbra

I am a shadow of myself
as I ascend into the market
of the streets
after the silence of mind
in meditation.

I stop at the edge of the world
to buckle my soul into a safe place
for the path to enlightened dreaming
smiling, knowing all the others
who have made their way
before I will join them

chant with so much joy
as the prayers pour
through a voice
that is the light
behind the darkness;
the impression
of the hand
at the small of the back
of a partner
ready to dance.

Know that our play
with the shadow puppets of this life
is the abundant love we wish
to light at the wick and wax
 of each day.

The eclipse of heart
over thinking
is almost more
than I can carry alone.
Black is, after all,
the garmet
of all color
gathered
in one
weaving
of space
between the stars.

No comments: