Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bring Joy

Bring to me soft whisperings at sunrise
and warm drinks and sweet things to eat
and I will go feral
for that kind of love.

Bring me to the edge of each day
with breath and chanting
and I will dance with joy
like giddy birds coaxing black oil seeds
from a welcoming feeder after snow.

Bring to me a scabbard
to hold the blade of doubt
and I will tuck that sin
deeply into the leather so that
there is no glint of betrayal
to blind us.

Bring to me a flint
to strike with metal
and flash hot
with these dry shavings
of unconditional love.
I won't settle for emotion
that will be quenched
with wine or cool water.
Let me burn bright
within the hearth
of sturdy and truest self.

Bring to me a mirror
to hold in front of you
so that you might see
the beautiful outline
of the Divine
in the many changing seasons
of your eroding expressions.

No comments: