Monday, December 14, 2015

Body Intelligence


Please send me notes
from the lecture I was unable to attend.
My body's wisdom
won the battle
over a busy day
full of nothing.

Send me the notes
that will fill in the blanks
in the collective memory of the world
we will never regret missing.

Send me the sacrilegious lyrics
chanting disharmony
into the investments
in meaningless activity.

These words I will burn
in the fire that will warm me
at the break of another day.

My hands will no longer ache
resting over the heart of my love
while sleep consumes unnecessary fatigue.

My legs and knotted back
will lift the heavy burden of nonsense
into the compost pile of forgetfulness.

And my teeth, cracked by gnashing
and clenching into a Mona Lisa smile,
will be restored and made bright

knowing
that all this flesh
and vanity
is impermanent.

No comments: