Thursday, January 19, 2017

Take the Train to Tomorrow


How many times have we traveled to the City of Lights,
to Iceland, Greenland, Vietnam, or the to darkest Peru?

I want to go there and to Ireland's green,
Norway's ice, and the darkest places in my own fears
with or without bumping my head or breaking my foot in Utah.

Let's learn the familiar language of medicine, military, madness,
or become unhinged by Russian toasts to an overthrow of idiocy.
Forget what you know about English or Yiddish.
Dream with me in yogic breathing and softly mumble in Sanskrit.

Take the train to tomorrow with a ticket that you purchase yourself.
Be sure to check your pockets for exact change

and give it all away at the last stop to the wandering Jew
who holds the sign with your name printed lovingly in bold, bloody letters.

No comments: