Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Squandering Blue

There is a part of me
that is beyond what is us,
where winter
and Jupiter’s moons
call to the floors of the seas
for waves that rage,
blindsiding sailors
with water and turbulence
until the walls of blue
squander everything.

Release the fury
from my fingers
and flash from the strands
of my electric hair
while I stand alone and naked
in front of you
leaving you gasping for breath
as the colors fade into golden coins
of truth at our feet.

Here, the evolution
of spirit
has grown wings
and lifts up
from the base
of my spine
to the crown
at my temples,
bejeweled with sapphires, and emeralds
and purple amethyst light
that dances around
each of us
like fire.

I am not afraid
of what might be lost
in this union.
I can only let the brilliance
wash through me
in all manner of death
that must bring abundant new life.

No comments: