Friday, April 20, 2012

The Seeds of Honey

Bees buzz
on the inner line
of my lips.

I feel the energy of the earth
luminous with the force of light
ready to emerge from a single seed.

Peas are ready to be planted as the moon
escapes into the darkness--
that succulent place
where the roundness of spring
will capture the sweetness of honey--
green engorged
with the swiftness
of one season.

I gasp
at the simple outline
of plum blossoms,
redolent with a longing
for the swollen heat of summer.

Forgive me.
I have gazed ahead
at the pages of the next chapter.

I skip to the golden relief
of the harvest
already gorging myself
with the sweetest fruit;
embuliant, like a school girl,
trying on her school clothes
before the first day of fall.

The woman in me
slows to the pace
of one single day.

I open the soil with my fingers
and coax life,
waking at my touch
like the hum
of the hive
making music--

the unfolding
of delicate
pink petals
and the abundant
absolute
of this much hope.

1 comment:

bacsi said...

like one's body learning how to move again, painfully, new life not always feeling warm and gentle, but buzzing with reconnected wiring of the inner self..we center on this very day and feel in the early morning the promise of warm air slip-streaming its way into our hope of those things yet unseen...