Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Enough

Let me tell you a sliver of the truth
and you might begin to understand
why melon tastes as clear
as a sultry moon
and mahogany is a color
of old books and the ways
we all die,

suffering under the weight
of too much of empty space
in our hearts

that will never
make any sense.

I solemnly swear

to be bold tonight
as the heat is forced
from my bones
and I ache
for something more
than privacy
or the sound
of a voice
laughing
in the distance.


Teach me to trust myself
again and again
and I will understand
that I am home.
That is, after all,
that home is not so much a noun
that describes the place I live
and breathe.
Home is, rather,
the prayer
that I send out to God
and the universe responds
joyfully 

with a sigh.


Remove that doubt
that whispers under her breath

and I will dance with the beat
of all drumming
and never forget
that this moment
and this loving kindness

is enough.

No comments: