Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Language of Praise and Thanks Giving

Say "Please." and "Thank you."
What do you say?
Please.

Yes, please.

And thank you, so very much.

For all you do,
I am so deeply grateful.

Honored to know you.

The light
in me sees
and bows 
to the light
in you.

Namaste.

Merci.
Grazie.
Gracias.

De nada.
De rien.

S'il vous plait.
Per piacere.
Por favor.

May the words of thanks
cascade from my heart 
into the vista of the world
where you have woven
your kindnesses.

I want to learn to weave
in the undulating seas
of these vernal nights and days
and cradle others 
with such softness.

I want to learn to speak praises
and give thanks in the native language
that speaks heart to heart,
soul to soul,
 until all the poets
and priests 
can agree
that love is
the only language 
we will ever need
to know.

No comments: